How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Adult Braces Noosa: Is it really more painful for an adult to put on braces than teenagers?

Adult braces... Should I or not?
Is it really more painful for an adult to put on braces than teenagers? Does it take longer? If there is only 1 crooked tooth will it take more than a year? I heard that the extraction of teeth is the most painful part. Is it true?

Answer
I don't think that it would be any more painful for adults. They also have braces now that they just glue to the surface of your teeth. They used to have to tap these bands around each tooth and that was not excruciating but unpleasant. It was also much harder on the teeth than the type they glued on.
I had teeth extracted and it wasn't unpleasant at all. The needles hurt a bit but after the needles, you won't feel a thing. Also, some dentists will rub the area with novocaine first, before they insert a needle and then you don't feel it at all. Your mouth should be quite numb by the time they're ready to extract any teeth. If you're really afraid, some dentists will still put you out so you definitely won't feel a thing.

If you have only one tooth out of alignment, you might not have to wear them for very long. Maybe you'll be able to get away with just a retainer. But if there's no room to straighten out that tooth, you might have to get one extracted.

One thing that I would recommend is to ask around and ask for a very gentle orthadontist (and dentist too, for that matter). It makes all the difference in the world. I started out with one orthadontist who was fairly rough and I switched to another one after about 6 mths. into it and my next orthodontist was wonderful - very gentle.

Related Answer
I had braces at 40 and it wasn't painful, in fact kids probably would find it more painful. And I opted not to have any teeth extracted. My teeth now (10 years later) are straighter than they were before I got the braces but they have gone back to crooked somewhat partially because my dog chewed up my retainer and I should have gotten a new one before they got crooked again. If I had to do it over I would get the retainer that is permanently affixed to the back of the teeth.

Related Answer
Yep get them. Children have a lower pain threshold anyway its fine for adult just a little tender on the gums. Make sure you have nothing big coming up in the near future like your wedding or anything that you mightened have them off for. But get them youll be happy you did when you have nice straight teeth.

Related Answer
1. you only need your teeth taken out if theres no room in your mouth.
2. its the same for everyone.
3. depending on the crookedness of your teeth determines how long youre going to need braces
4. if its not that major then you dont need to get them. [source: Yahoo! Answers]

No comments:

Post a Comment