How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dental clinic Gladstone: I have an overbite

I have an overbite :(
I'm 14 and I always knew my profile looked a little weird. But I'm not very observant and I've only been to the dentist twice in my life (yeah, I know) so I wasn't really educated on these things. So I realized recently that the major thing messing up my face is my overbite which I measured as almost a quarter of an inch. I also have a mouthful of cavities. My family is very poor and my parents seem to be content with completely neglecting my and my brother's teeth, but I really think I need at least 4 fillings (I have toothaches right now and can see the spots!!) and braces. I'm going into high school next year and it's already a big bummer this wasn't taken care of when I was younger. So PLEASSEEEE, what can I do? What's the cheapest I can get braces? Does invisalign correct overbite completely? How long does it take to correct overbite? Is there any type of retainer or headwear I can wear at night to fix my overbite (and can get cheap..)? Are there dental clinics in the U.S. where you can get cheap fillings?

Whenever I force my lower jaw out so my teeth are even I look so much better besides the obvious strain. It's really very unsightly and even though I really don't want to wear braces during high school I really, really want to get it fixed because I've finally figured out one huge thing I can do to make myself more attractive (I'm ugly- it's not self esteem, trust me. Boys have never liked me and as a kid I didn't have any friends even though I'm perfectly nice). I'm already such a mess since I've realized how badly my parents neglected me by not taking me to the dentist (and never an orthodontist) from the time I was 5 to the time I was 14.... :( I read that jutting your jaw out to fix overbite will give you neck problems and a sagging jaw.

Answer
I know how you feel man. I had an overbite once. Most orthodontists have a payment plan where you can pay a certain amount every month for how long until you reach the prices for the cost of your braces. Please convince your family to at least get those cavities filled. It'll be very sad to see teeth loss due to poor oral hygiene and the pain will only get worse. [source: Yahoo! Answers]

No comments:

Post a Comment