How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Orthodontist Surfers Paradise: Where to go? Orthodontist or Dentist?

ORTHODONTIS
I need to get braces. I have an overbite,and my jaw pops,not bad, but it ends up hurting my teeth,and my whole mouth. People are telling my dentist i usually go to, wont do them, that i need to go to an orthodontist.

Does it matter which one i go to?
And will i need to make an appointment since it will be my first time there? or whatt?
And what will the possibly do if i do end up going there?

I know you all wont give me 100% correct answers, but options wont hurt(:
Please help? Thanks.

Answer
yes you do have to go to an orthodontist to get braces on. They usually do a check up or whatever on the first appointment to determine the cost of the braces and what they will need to do. I think there is a copay for that, but nothing EXTREMELY expensive.

Related Answer
Yes, you have to go to an orthodontist. Your dentist cannot do it because they are not certified to. You want only the best messin' with your teeth, right?

Your dentist can probably recommend a person, or a friend or family memeber could to. Then you just call and make and appointment. Your orthdontist will tell you whether you need braces or not. They'll be nice. Mine is.

You always have to make and appointment, even if it is your millionth time going there. They will work on your mouth as they see fit.

Good luck! :)

Related Answer
A dentist does not do braces. You need to see an orthodontist.
You need to make an appointment. Ask your dentist for a referral.
And talk to your parents about this, too.


Related Answer
You need to see a orthodontist.A family member has the same issues as yours.Dentist's can fix dental problems but overbites and popping jaws is a job for an ortho. [source: Yahoo! Answers]

No comments:

Post a Comment