How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Braces for adults Pialba: Why are braces for adults so much more expensive then those for childre/teenagers?

Why are braces for adults so much more expensive then those for childre/teenagers?
I have to get braces again! (3rd time!) Why am I having to pay so much friggin more?

Answer

Because adult teeth and jaws have already gotten use to their place, and it will take much more force, and time to get them to move. While you are still young your teeth are easier to shift around and thus, making your treatment less expensive and time consuming.

I'm sorry about your situation I hope that this is the last time you have to come back to the orthodontist.

Related Answers
I think it's because the brackets are bigger or it's a different style for adults. Plus, I think adult gums are firmer and it takes longer for your teeth to move than children/teenager teeth.

The jaw bone in the adult mouth has become more dense and the teeth take longer to move into position. Sometimes it will take twice as long to obtain the desired result and thus will cost more.

Adult teeth are more old and they take more time to put in place but children's gums are more soft than adults which makes it easier.

Because most adults have more teeth.

Adult teeth need more care because they are grown in. [source: Yahoo! Answers]

No comments:

Post a Comment