How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Braces Robina: How long does it take to get braces after consultation?

How long does it take to get braces after consultation? 
I know for sure I need braces, and I want braces. There's no way the ortho is going to say I don't need them So how long after my consultation does it take to get my actually braces on?

Answer
They need to do xrays and create a mold of your teeth. That'll take like three weeks. After that point you can start talking about putting braces on so I think in total it'll take about a month to get braces on after your initial consultation. It took longer for me because I chose to wear an expander for a few months before getting braces.

Related Answer
There is no definite answer. It all depends on how your mouth is. If you have a small mouth, you may have to get other appliances like an expander or spacers. Also, if you haven't lost all your teeth yet (like me) your ortho will wait. It all depends on your mouth and how your orthodontist aims to work on it. From my experience, i had a consultation in fifth grade, got an expander for a little, then got braces midway in seventh grade. I finally got my braces off in tenth grade, so it all depends on your mouth.

Related Answer
If I remember, I think in a month? Most likely, but it depends on your orthodontist. (source: Yahoo! Answers)

No comments:

Post a Comment