How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Orthodontist Woolloongabba: What happens when your orthodontist refuses to treat but left brackets on teeth?

What happens when your orthodontist refuses to treat but left brackets on teeth?
My orthodontist and I got into a disagreement over the progression of my adult braces. Unfortunately, he decided he no longer wanted to treat me, took the wires off my teeth, but left the brackets on. I consulted a lawyer, who basically said that nothing could be done. I don't have any outstanding payments or anything, and I do have all records from the treatment.

What do I do now though? How do I approach a new orthodontist?
Thanks.

Answer
Been there done that, when you see your new orthodontist just explain what happen and be honest. I had no problem when I explained what had happen with the previous doctor.

And through court order the old orthodontist that started the process with my braces had to finish the process with my braces. Some one from the court house was there when he removed the remaining parts of my braces. No charge! Boy was he mad and I had a great smile after he was done.

Answer
Call other orthodontists, that your insurance will help pay for. When you call them, tell them you already have brackets from your last ortho, and that they never took them off.

At the new place, they most likely will take them off, and put their own brackets...so that they are the same as their other patients.

That's what happened to me. i hate orthodontists that are rude like that. [source: Yahoo! Answers]

No comments:

Post a Comment