How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Invisalign Teen Salisbury: What is the cost of Invisalign Teen for a 12 year old girl?

What is the cost of Invisalign Teen for a 12 year old girl?
I want Invisalign Teen and my parents don't exactly have that much insurance. What would be a good estimate on the Invisalign Teen cost?I am a 12 year old girl in grade seven, if that helps. I have lost all mu teeth too, BTW. My dentist said that I could probobly get it, but he didn't know how much it would cost. Also, it Dr. Sam Daher a good dentist? Thx for your help, in advance!

Answer

First of all, insurance companies only cover metal braces, and usually only a percentage of the total cost the orthodontist will charge. Everthing extra (i.e.clear braces, invisalign) will be out of your parents pockets. I got clear braces recently and the total cost the orthodonist charged was roughly 6,000. However, my insurance company, Cigna HMO, covered about half the amount. Therefore I paid 3,000 + 300 (costs 300 extra for choosing the clear option) = 3,300 dollars out of my own pocket. Had I chosen the invisalign, the total cost if I remember correctly would have been over 5,000 out of pocket. The good news is that the insurance company will cover 600 dollars more for a child than an adult like me. The bad news is the braces are expensive no matter who you are. If I were you I would bite my lip and compromise and get regular braces and convince your parents to pay a few hundred extra to get you the clear (orthodontist give 2 year payment plans). If you got the same exact option I chose then your parents would spend $2,700 (child) instead of $3,300 (adult) for clear braces.

Related Answer
This is probably not what you want to hear, but my suggestion would to just get braces.
One of my friends has Invisalign and i think it looks weird, like there is a clear film over his teeth. Every one has braces and every one's going to get them so why not? No one cares if you have them and it doesn't make you any less popular. You can also choose fun colors to put on them or if you don't want people to notice them you can choose clear. Mine are bright blue right now and neon colors are really in at my school.

I don't know about Sam Daher, i've never heard of him. [source: Yahoo! Answers]

No comments:

Post a Comment