How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Braces for adults Townsville: What do you think about adults that have orthodontic braces?

What do you think about adults that have orthodontic braces?
I am in my mid 20's and I have braces!

I had them when I was 12 and now over a decade later I had to get them again.
Lucky for me though, I only have to wear them for 18 months.
It is so embarassing though, people have asked me if I am 16 and said I am too young to be married.
People think its weird for an adult to wear braces.
People stare at my mouth all of the time and I feel like people think adults are too old for braces!
I think adult with braces have courage!!!

What do you think about it?

Answer
First of all it is a sign that you are an intelligent person who cares about your health. Misshaped teeth beside the unaesthetic aspect can influence your digestion or lead to other medical problems. Also they make it hard for you to brush your mouth correctly and so it increases the risk of cavities.

It's never too late to wear braces! The only thing that's different in adults is the time that teeth need to realign in the correct position. In children teeth reshape faster.

You will look great after and your body will thank you.

Related Answers
Better late than never, I hope you enjoy your new smile :)

First of all 20's is still young. You have 60 years of your life to enjoy still. My wife is 38 and going for braces. It's your body do what you want and enjoy. Don't worry about other people.

is OK.

There is nothing wrong with adults wearing braces!!! People are so rude sometimes. Enjoy those straight teeth :) They are worth every penny and the staring of others. They will be jealous when they see your pearly whites :) [source: Yahoo! Answers]

No comments:

Post a Comment