How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cost for braces Mackay: How much should adult braces cost?

How much should adult braces cost?
NYU Dental School just quoted me $4000 and I think that's a bit much.?
$4000 and that was just labor. They also want an extra $500 for cosmetic braces and $225 for tests and x-rays. It's a bit steep...especially for a dental school.

Does anyone know of a less expensive but high-quality orthodontist in the NYC area?

Answer
I teach at a University orthodontic clinic - the fee you were quoted is almost the same as what we charge. You will find significant variation based on the type and length of treatment, as well as regional differences. Also, it is common to add on additional fees for clear braces and for the records (x-rays).

Generally speaking, adult fees will differ from child fees, even for the same problem. There are usually more things to deal with in adult treatment.

Related Answer

Unfortunately, lots of dental schools have been pushed from academia into the world of business. At my alma mater, where fees were about 1/3 of what was charged in private practice when I was in school(25 years ago), the going rate is now nearly what I charge in the high rent suburb of the same city. I'm sorry you can't easily find a better deal and hope you will still consider getting treatment. Good luck to you!

Related Answer
I'm not from NYC, but I don't think there is adult braces / child braces. It's just braces. You don't get a discount because you are over a certain age.

I think it would be more difficult actually to shift an adults teeth as the body is no longer growing.

Many ortho's offer payment plans though... I am sure you can finance them. Good Luck! [source: Yahoo! Answers]

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
    Differences between Ceramic Braces & Invisalign

    ReplyDelete