How Much Braces Cost? What are the Things You Should Know In Getting Teeth Braces? Should I visit a Dentist or Orthodontist to take care of my teeth? Start Orthodontics Today!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Braces Mackay: When you first get braces are you suppose to be able to chew food?

When you first get braces are you suppose to be able to chew food?
I just got braces on a few days ago, but I am having trouble closing my teeth together completey. This means that I can't chew any food either. Is this suppose to happen? Has anyone else had this problem. All I want to do is rip these braces off my teeth they are really annoying and uncomfortable and I can't talk properly.

Answer
I had the same problem when I first got mine but it does get much better and easier to handle. it sounds weird now to you but when you get them off, you will want them back on cuz your teeth will feel soooo loose and like they are moving all over the place. You will want the sturdiness of the braces. Trust me, it does get much easier.

Related Answers
I had the same problem. If its painfull have some panadol. The lisp will go within a week. Practise speaking 's' words. Eating mushed up food and drinking heaps for 3 or 4 days will make it better.

I had this problem when I first got my braces. All i could eat for a week was soup and jello. In about a week thw swelling will go down and you will talk normaly, and be able to eat! If they're uncomfortable, get a lot of wax, that's what i used! good luck! [source:  Yahoo! Answers]

No comments:

Post a Comment